Thursday, February 4, 2010

Serenity Now!




Well good and bad news from Saipan. Matt's back went out yesterday. He can not think of anything that he did that could have caused it. He just woke up from our crappy bed and it was super sore. We tried calling the one and only chiropractor listed in the phone book at 7:30 am and then tred her cell phoone. No answer. We then tried those two numbers every 15 minutes consecutively until 8:30. The reasons for our persistence? 1. He was in severe pain. 2. We had a dive scheduled for 9:30 - smile. Anyway, when we finally did get a hold of the chiropractor she really couldn't bebothered to come to her office before 10:00. Then we went driving to find this other chiropractic office that we drive by every morning. He was available but made Matt feel worse rather than better. Anyway, we dove anyway. What a trooper. I have uploaded a few photos from my dive. Unfortunately they just don't do them justice. It was an absolutely amazing dive! I saw, among many other things, scorpian fish, coronet fish, and YES I saw and swam with both a sea turtle and an eagle ray with about a 6 foot wing span. It was one of the most surreal experiences of my life. I was squealing with excitment until my mask flooded because I was smiling too big. Then I tried to maintain my composure a bit more. Matt and I are supposed to dive again tomorrow. We will have to see how Matt is feeling. Until then...

2 comments:

  1. Matthew, We're hoping your back is better! With these beautiful photos we can only imagine how wonderful the sights were on your dive.
    Snow here yesterday and today. Cold and windy. Enjoy every degree you have!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Matt - you should be back in Madison to see the best chiroprator - your brother-in-law Brian - he will get you to feel much better. How exciting to see for Elizabeth to see the turtle, etc. Seeing the kids made us miss them that much more - both of you as well. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete