Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Making Moments Last


































Well the two week count down has begun. Matt and the boys are due to fly home to Wisconsin on April 5. We are feeling the pressure to make every second on the island count. We even let the boys play hooky from school today and went to PIC. Matt attended a conference on Tilapia propagation and the hotel and the kids and I played all day long. Kierik worked on teaching Sylviah how to swim. She will totally submerge her hear now on her own and likes to swim best with me holding onto just one of her arms. She is completely fearless in the water now. What a difference a few months make! The photos at the beach are from yesterday. We were there all morning, went home for lunch and then stayed until dark. This beach is called Ladder Beach and I think it is my favorite. It has huge cliffs and turbulent waters on one end and calm peaceful tidepools on caves to explore on the other. The boys discvered these really cool little fish that are about three inches long and look like Blenny but the actually launch themselves out of the water and perch on the rocks above for an extended period of time. Matt likes it because frequently there are photo shoots here featureing beautiful bikini clad models. I like it because the beach glitters with blue and green polished sea glass. I have been creating mosaics out fo the sea glass for our walls. Sylviah has become quite good and helping me collect it! She is holding her cup of shells in the photo.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you're still having lots and lots of fun. Kierik, we'll have to find the biggest wave machine around here when you get back! Weather is getting really nice here so you won't feel bad coming back...of course we still don't have an ocean! Kaden your chickens are laying lots of eggs. And I love the hat on Sylvie! Nice wave Matt, I miss your smile!
    Love to you all and we're counting down the days til we see you!
    Love mom / Grandma Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to believe you are already coming back --seems like only days ago it was just a wild scheme! I am so happy it turned out so well for you. Can't wait to have you back in the car pool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. Glad we were able to go there and share the island with you. I'm sure you will miss it. The boys have become such interesting people. They have experiences that it took me 61 years to get. It will make them who they will become and that will be awesome.
    Corry and one of Matt's friends have been watching the coop. Chickens are OK. Eggs have been going with Corry. Spring is busting out around here. Only one dead fish.
    Only a week until I see my boys.
    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete